Club Safety Policies
Gymnastics is a sport, and like all sports, involves some risk. In order to minimize that risk, it is important that safety rules are followed. Please take some time to remind your child to listen to their coaches and follow all safety rules.
1. All coaches are certified by the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
2. Children are NOT permitted on the gymnastic apparatus unless supervised, and instructed to by a certified Milton Springers instructor.
3. Children must be in good health to participate. To minimize the risk of spreading any illness to others, please do not bring your child to class if they are sick. The coach has the authority to refuse admittance of a gymnast to a class for any sound medical reason. Parents may be asked to sign a Permission to Participate Form following an injury or illness.
4. Children disrupting or disturbing class will be restricted from participation.
5. Parents are not permitted in the gym unless attending a Parent and Tot class (one parent per child) or are invited by the supervising coach. Parents are welcome to watch their child(ren) from the designated viewing areas at any time.
6. Outdoor footwear must be removed before entering the Gym.
7. No food, drink or chewing gum is permitted in the Gym.
8. To protect every child/family's privacy, no photography or filming of children is permitted during class. Please read through our detailed Photo/Video club policy here.
9. Parents of Youth Recreational gymnasts are not required to stay on site during their child's class, provided we have up to date emergency contact information. Parents of Tumble Tots/Kindergym participants may also leave during their child's class, providing their child is independent in the washroom. Coaches are not permitted to assist children using the washroom.
9. Milton Springers club uniforms consist of black/pink body suits. Boys are requested to wear elastic waist shorts and t-shirt. Club bodysuits are encouraged but not mandatory in class. Please no zippers, ballet skirts or loose fitting clothing is permitted. Long hair must be tied back, and no jewellery including long earrings, bracelets, watches or necklaces. Bare feet or leather soled slippers are the only permissible footwear.
10. Change rooms and the Coats & Boots Room are NOT supervised during class times. Please do not bring any valuables to the gym. Milton Springers will not be responsible for any lost/stolen items. Parents participating in class are asked not to bring their purses/bags into the gym as they cannot be secured.
11. If your child has warts on their hands or feet please ensure that it is covered and taped before your child comes to class to avoid spreading the virus to other participants. Athletic tape is available for purchase by the roll in the office, or in any drug store.
12. Recreational and competitive gymnasts under the age of 13, must be escorted into the gym and supervised until class begins by a parent or guardian, and picked up promptly when class finishes for maximum safety. Children must wait for their ride inside, and be picked up inside the gym foyer. Parents may sign and give to the coach a Parent Release Form for children aged 10-12 years old, in order to be released after class without a parent.
13. If local schools are closed due to weather, daytime programs will be automatically cancelled. Should after school and weekend programs be cancelled, the website and Social Media accounts will be updated with cancellation information. If possible, attempts will also be made to inform participants through email. Unfortunately there are no make up classes or credits for weather cancellations.