COVID-19 - March 17 Update

NEWS / Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Last Updated: March 17, 2020

Update from Milton Springers regarding Covid-19 virus impact on programming

 At this time we continue to monitor the ongoing effects of the recommendations that are being made by our municipal, provincial and federal governments.   The Sports Centre and our facility remain closed until April 5th.  We will update as we get more information. 

March Break:  As mentioned in previous emails, refunds will be issued for those that were signed up to attend March Break camps with no administration fees.  Any refunds with administration fees charged will be adjusted.  If you have not already done so, please contact us via email at .  Online registrations can be refunded within a few days by our office staff working remotely.  Payments that were made via cash, cheque or on-site point of sale will be processed once we have access to the Sports Centre facility. 

Spring Session:     At this time, we are awaiting further information on the length of closures and next steps to get programs safely back up and running.  It is our intent to offer as many weeks of the spring session as possible once it is deemed safe to do so.  We will pro-rate any missed classes for those that have already registered. By maintaining your class registration and confirmation for spring, you will hold your place in your class.  Those that wish to withdraw now and request a refund may email us at Refunds will be processed with no administration fees via the method of payment that was used.  In-office payments will be processed when access to the facility is restored. 

Summer Camp:  No changes have been announced that will affect registration for summer camps at this time.

Summer Classes:  The scheduled date of Open Registration beginning on Tuesday, April 7th has been delayed.  We will send out an announcement with details regarding summer class registration when available. 

Gymnastics Ontario is asking participants, coaches, administrative staff, judges, volunteers and supporters to self isolate if they or a member of their immediate family travels anywhere outside of Canada (including USA) for the immediate near future until these recommendations are relaxed by the Province of Ontario .   The risk is still considered to be very low for contracting COVID-19 in Ontario. The Gymnastics Ontario Board of Directors and staff will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with our members as the need arises so please check your email regularly.

The Milton Springers Board of Directors will meet to discuss further steps for our club.  Information will be communicated as information is updated.  

We will not have access to our club phones, but will checking our email ( regularly if you have any questions.  We will also be posting all updates on our website (